Friday, April 17, 2020

Keep Walking

I walk a path on an empty street
No shoes, just my bare feet

It pricks me hard, a bloody thorn
I pull it off and keep walking on.

Another prick; not this again!
Just move along and ignore the pain.

I walk a mile, I walk a few
Some old thorns, some new

I rest a bit, I close my eyes.
Only to open to a big surprise!

Is this real or is it a ruse?
In front of me, is a pair of shoes!

I look around, I try to find,
Who was it? Someone so kind.

My walk is better, and although fine,
The shoes feel different as they aren't mine.

A fork ahead, a choice in sight
I chose left, but was it right?

I walk some more, a bit I roam,
I find some tools and find some foam.

It will hide them well, all that bruise.
I can now make them; my shoes!

I make myself, a lovely pair
With lots of love and utmost care.

I walk again, but hear a sound
It takes all my might, but I turn around

I see you walk, I see you cry
I see you falter, I see you try

I look at you, I feel the pain
This journey has been quite insane!

You look at me, full of despair
I nod my head and pass my pair.

Those damn new shoes, I shall miss.
But I bid you well and tell you this,

It's your path, you have to choose.
But remember,
There may be thorns, but also shoes.




Dedicated to International Women's Day 2021.

No comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Poetic Myooz. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogspot Templates From Wordpress by Wpthemesfree